Saturday 15 August 2015

August 2015- What I'm Listening to

August. 

August, much like June and July, is a month where many bands and artists tend to be on the festival circuit- usually following an album release in the last year or so. This month has already seen albums like The Maccabees "Marks to Prove it" and prepares us for future album releases later on in the month, for example the release of albums like Foals' "What Went Down" later on in the month (August 28th). 

This month I've been listening to a lot of Catfish and the Bottlemen and Everything Everything. However, I'm currently also loving newer artists such as Sundara Karma, Gengahr and Sunset Sons (all of which I hope to see at Reading Festival). I've been listening to a lot of artists who will be at this years Reading and Leeds Festival as I am going to that at the end of the month and wanted to be familiar with as much material as I can, so I don't end up regretting not being as into a band/artist as much as I do when I get home. However, discovering newer acts is always fun at festivals. 

This playlist also features a bit of George Ezra, James Bay and Hozier because I'm currently finding them easy to listen to and I'm still (still...) recovering from Glastonbury (two months ago nearly). 

I hope you enjoy the playlist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment